What is the role of a settlement agent or conveyancer?
Conveyancers are responsible for transferring the ownership of property from the seller to the buyer. A successful settlement depends on accurate paper work (mountains of it) and ensuring that the clauses in the contract of sale are met.

Your conveyancer will generally take care of:


  • Completion and lodgement of transfer documents to change the details of ownership on the certificate of title
  • Making necessary enquiries regarding council rates, water rates, land tax and title searches
  • Keeping you informed throughout the settlement process
  • Attending settlement on your behalf.
Why do you need a conveyancer to complete your property transaction?
Although individuals are legally allowed to attempt settling their own property transaction, you should know that it’s tricky and time-consuming. If you don’t know what you are doing, you’ll run into all sorts of problems, which often leads to you losing a buyer or seller. That is why it is important to go to an expert. The property market is constantly changing, and licensed settlement agents and property lawyers dedicate their lives to staying on top of these changes.
How to choose an agent?
To determine the right settlement agent there are a few things to consider:

  • How much experience do they have?
  • Are they legally qualified?
  • Do they provide a transparent service?
  • Do they act for both parties?
  • How competitive are their fees?

Contact us to find out if we are the right fit for you.

What are your fees?
For an instant quote for Sellers click here.

For an instant quote for Buyers click here.

Or make use of our estimate calculators to help you budget for stamp duty and settlement fees. If you have any queries, simply give us a call or use the form on our contact page and we will be more than happy to help you understand everything involved in settling your property.

Should I wait until my finance is approved?
When a purchaser is borrowing finances in order to purchase property; it is essential that finance is approved before the matter proceeds. If finance is not approved at the time of the signing on the contract; a finance condition must be included in the contract. Without this condition added; a purchaser is at serious risk. Please contact us to discuss your particular situation and needs.
Do I need to be physically present at settlement?

No, we are able to settle on your behalf. Most settlements can be completed via PEXA e-Conveyancing (https://www.pexa.com.au)

With e-Conveyancing, we can now schedule your settlement for a time between 9am-11am. This enables you to settle earlier in the day and removes that element of stress and worry for you. Get in contact with us to find out more. Contact us today!

What is Stewart Title?
The Stewart Title Residential Purchaser Policy provides protection to purchasers of real estate by guarding against loss incurred due to title and property related defects that generally are pre-existing and unknown to the purchaser at the time of purchase.

For More information, visit: http://www.stewartau.com/ResidentialPurchaser.html

When do I need to handover my keys at settlement?
We can assist you with the whole process. As a seller; if the property is your principle place of residence then you don’t have to handover your keys until 12pm the day following settlement. If the property isn’t your principle place of residence, then you are required to handover your keys immediately following settlement.
Do I need to notify the water corporation, council, gas & electricity companies of the change of ownership?
As your settlement agents, we will notify the Local Council, Water Corporation and the strata company (if applicable) of the change of ownership.

You will need to make contact with your gas, electricity, phone and internet providers as they won’t allow anyone to action on your behalf.

Can I change the name of the purchaser now that my offer has been accepted?
Contact us prior to undertaking any changes to the purchasing entity on your contract. In some cases it is possible to make changes without any implications on stamp duty, but this depends on the circumstances and the change. In some cases, double stamp duty is charged.
I have a mortgage registered over my property. Can you liaise with my bank to have them ready for settlement?
Absolutely! We do all the hard work; including liaising with your bank leading up to settlement to make sure they are on track with your settlement.

The only thing you will need to do is sign the discharge of mortgage forms, as we as settlement agents can’t fill out the discharge of mortgage forms on your behalf.

Where are you located?

Our office is located in Peppermint Grove . However; we provide a mobile service to any clients that cannot get to us.

Is the parking available at or near your offices?
There is public parking available.